Translation of moon in Spanish:
- new/full moonluna nueva/llenaby the light of the moon the Man in the Moonel duendecillo que vive en la luna (en los cuentos infantiles anglosajones)to land on the moon the dark side of the moonla cara oscura de la lunamany moons agohace muchas lunasonce in a blue moon
hace mucho tiempomuy de vez en cuandoto be over the moon (esp British)
de Pascuas a Ramos
de higos a peras or brevas
cada muerte de obispo (Río de la Plata)estar como unas Pascuas or loco de contentohe was over the moon when he heardse puso como unas Pascuas or loco de contento cuando se enteróto promise the moonExample sentences
- If you calculate back a billion and a half years ago, the moon would have been in direct contact with the earth.
- The moon came up four hours ago, huge and the colour of a malfunctioning striplight on an office ceiling.
- Eclipses of the sun and the moon occur every six months.
- 1 (dream) she spent the whole day mooning in her roomse pasó el día en su habitación pensando en las musarañasthey moon around or about the streets all dayse pasan el día vagando or deambulando por las callesto moon
oversomebodysoñar conalguienExample sentences
- She is still mooning about in that motel room, but she does that you know.
- His talent at piloting was uncanny and he had spent his time mooning about the docks, watching the skimmers.
- And yep, you got it right, up till now, he was still mooning around because of Sandara.
- 2 (expose one's buttocks) [slang]mostrar or enseñar el trasero [colloquial]Example sentences
- They're swinging about like monkeys, roaring up and down the aisles and I was even mooned at once.
- We do not like some of the things they do, especially those things that break the law or insult Greek sensitivities, such as mooning.
- Who could cry when Noah and Todd managed to moon the entire crowd when they went up to receive their diplomas?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.