- luna (f) new/full moon luna nueva/llena by the light of the moon a la luz de la luna the Man in the Moon el duendecillo que vive en la luna (en los cuentos infantiles anglosajones) to land on the moon alunizar* the dark side of the moon la cara oscura de la luna many moons ago hace muchas lunas, hace mucho tiempo once in a blue moon muy de vez en cuando, de Pascuas a Ramos, de higos a peras or brevas, cada muerte de obispo (RPl) to be over the moon (esp BrE) estar* como unas Pascuas or loco de contento he was over the moon when he heard se puso como unas Pascuas or loco de contento cuando se enteró to promise the moon prometer el oro y el moro (before n) moon buggy vehículo (m) lunar moon landing alunizaje (m)More example sentences
- If you calculate back a billion and a half years ago, the moon would have been in direct contact with the earth.
- The moon came up four hours ago, huge and the colour of a malfunctioning striplight on an office ceiling.
- Eclipses of the sun and the moon occur every six months.
La movida madrileña is an expression referring to the Madrid social and cultural scene of the late 1970s and early 1980s, and the people involved in it. It was a youth phenomenon based around night spots in the city, such as the now defunct club Rock-Ola. One of the leading lights of the movida was the movie director Pedro Almodóvar.
- 1 (dream) she spent the whole day mooning in her room se pasó el día en su habitación pensando en las musarañas they moon around o about the streets all day se pasan el día vagando or deambulando por las calles to moon
oversb soñar* conalgnMore example sentences
- She is still mooning about in that motel room, but she does that you know.
- His talent at piloting was uncanny and he had spent his time mooning about the docks, watching the skimmers.
- And yep, you got it right, up till now, he was still mooning around because of Sandara.
- 2 (expose one's buttocks) [slang/argot] mostrar* or enseñar el trasero [familiar/colloquial]More example sentences
- They're swinging about like monkeys, roaring up and down the aisles and I was even mooned at once.
- We do not like some of the things they do, especially those things that break the law or insult Greek sensitivities, such as mooning.
- Who could cry when Noah and Todd managed to moon the entire crowd when they went up to receive their diplomas?