Translation of mortgage in Spanish:
- (charge)(loan)to pay off a mortgage
préstamo (masculine) or crédito (masculine) hipotecario
hipoteca (feminine)terminar de pagar una hipotecawe've paid off the mortgage on the house
redimir una hipoteca [formal]hemos terminado de pagar la hipoteca or el préstamo or el crédito de la casamortgage
onsomethingto take out a mortgage on a propertyhipotecar una propiedadwe've taken out a second mortgage on the househemos rehipotecado la casa(before noun) mortgage arrearsatrasos (masculine plural) en el pago de la hipotecamortgage loanpréstamo (masculine) hipotecariomortgage paymentpago (masculine) de la hipotecaExample sentences
- I own my home with a small amount outstanding on the mortgage.
- The standard policy reduces the amount covered as the mortgage is paid off so it is cheaper than a level term, which is one constant sum assured for the life of the policy.
- Much of the sharp rise is being driven by rising house prices, with more than €1 billion in mortgages borrowed each month.
- (house/land)they've mortgaged the country's future
hipotecarhan hipotecado el futuro del paísExample sentences
- During this time her brother-in-law mortgaged the property, without her knowledge, as security for his own debts, and when he defaulted on the repayments, the bank sought possession of the property.
- Hjorten and Fuller went without salaries for the project's first year and financed the company by mortgaging their property and by taking on credit-card debt.
- Mr. Aarts mortgaged this property to provide part of the funds used to purchase the home.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.