- (charge) hipoteca (feminine); (loan) préstamo (masculine) or crédito (masculine) hipotecario, hipoteca (feminine) to pay off a mortgage terminar de pagar una hipoteca, redimir una hipoteca [formal] we've paid off the mortgage on the house hemos terminado de pagar la hipoteca or el préstamo or el crédito de la casamortgage
onsth to take out a mortgage on a property hipotecar* una propiedad we've taken out a second mortgage on the house hemos rehipotecado la casa (before noun/delante del nombre) mortgage arrears atrasos (masculine plural) en el pago de la hipoteca mortgage loan préstamo (masculine) hipotecario mortgage payment pago (masculine) de la hipotecaMore example sentences
- I own my home with a small amount outstanding on the mortgage.
- The standard policy reduces the amount covered as the mortgage is paid off so it is cheaper than a level term, which is one constant sum assured for the life of the policy.
- Much of the sharp rise is being driven by rising house prices, with more than €1 billion in mortgages borrowed each month.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- [house/land] hipotecar* they've mortgaged the country's future han hipotecado el futuro del país
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.