Translation of mortgage in Spanish:
- (charge) hipoteca (feminine); (loan) préstamo (masculine) or crédito (masculine) hipotecario, hipoteca (feminine) to pay off a mortgage terminar de pagar una hipoteca, redimir una hipoteca [formal] we've paid off the mortgage on the house hemos terminado de pagar la hipoteca or el préstamo or el crédito de la casamortgage
onsth to take out a mortgage on a property hipotecar* una propiedad we've taken out a second mortgage on the house hemos rehipotecado la casa (before noun/delante del nombre) mortgage arrears atrasos (masculine plural) en el pago de la hipoteca mortgage loan préstamo (masculine) hipotecario mortgage payment pago (masculine) de la hipotecaExample sentences
- I own my home with a small amount outstanding on the mortgage.
- The standard policy reduces the amount covered as the mortgage is paid off so it is cheaper than a level term, which is one constant sum assured for the life of the policy.
- Much of the sharp rise is being driven by rising house prices, with more than €1 billion in mortgages borrowed each month.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- [house/land] hipotecar* they've mortgaged the country's future han hipotecado el futuro del país
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, a gestoría is an office that deals with government agencies on behalf of its clients. It is common practice to use a gestoría to avoid the problems of dealing with Spanish bureaucracy, despite the cost involved.