Translation of most in Spanish:
- 1 (nearly all)la mayoría demost daily newspapers have crosswords
la mayor parte dela mayoría or la mayor parte de los diarios traen crucigramasmost people would agreecasi todo el mundo or la mayoría de la gente estaría de acuerdoyou'll find me there most daysestoy allí casi todos los días
- 1 (nearly all)la mayoríaall of the houses have central heating and most have garages
la mayor partetodas las casas tienen calefacción central y la mayoría or la mayor parte tienen garajesmost of us/themla mayoría de nosotros/ellosmost of the wine has been drunkse ha bebido casi todo el vinoI read most of itlo leí casi todomost of my experience has been in salescasi toda mi experiencia ha sido en ventasExample sentences
- Tom attended most of the monthly fairs in Belmullet and most days had a few ponies for sale.
- A good starting point would be the mother, who is the major influence for most children up to age three.
- The bugs are only a few thousandths of a millimetre across and lack the cell walls which most bacteria have.
- 2 (as superlative) she ate the mostfue la que más comiówhich of your employees earns (the) most?
comió más que nadie¿cuál de sus empleados es el que gana más?it is the most we can offer youes todo lo que podemos ofrecerleat (the) mostcomo máximoyou'll be cautioned at (the) most
a lo sumocomo mucho te amonestarántwo days at the very mostcomo máximo or a lo sumo dos díasto make the most of somethingaprovechar algo al máximoyou won't get another chance, so make the most of it
sacar el mejor provecho or partido posible de algono vas a tener otra oportunidad, así que aprovéchala al máximoExample sentences
- I would be of the view that managers with an open mind are the ones that have most success.
- Seven celebrities with the most votes are guaranteed a place in the Academy.
- Economic liberalism appears to be the approach with most success in practice.
- 1 1.1 (to greatest extent) what I like/dislike (the) most about him is …lo que más/menos me gusta de él es …I'd like to thank most of all my wifequisiera darle las gracias sobre todo a mi esposaI enjoyed the last act most of allel último acto fue el que más me gustóExample sentences1.2 (before adj or adv) which is the most expensive?
¿cuál es el más caro?he was the most friendly of the people I spoke tode toda la gente con la que hablé, él fue el más simpáticoit is our eldest son who comes to see us (the) most oftenes nuestro hijo mayor el que nos viene a ver más a menudoExample sentences
- What his video game reminds me of most of all, though, is the very dawn of computing.
- I look forward most of all to arranging my library and my writing space when I move out.
- These are the things which I value most of all; blogging comes secondary to all of them.
- The event took place on the day of North Korea's most important national holiday.
- The most important thing to remember with respect to this film is that it is not a documentary.
- Fresh garlic contains several compounds, the most important of which is allicin.
- 2 (as intensifier) what happened was most interestinglo que sucedió fue de lo más interesanteit was most kind of youfue muy amable de su partemost certainlycon toda seguridadmost probably o likelymuy probablementeHis Most Serene MajestySu Serenísima MajestadExample sentences
- That is now no longer a fair representation of their view, and it most certainly is not of mine.
- It most certainly was not a life-changing experience, but it did provide amusements.
- History will most certainly exact a heavy price from them for being such imbeciles.
- 3 (almost) (American English) [colloquial] she ate most all the foodse comió casi toda la comidaExample sentences
- When this song came out, most everyone listened to it on the verge of laughter.
- I imagine most everyone who has gone through schooling has experienced a fairly similar situation.
- She does have a few fears, but they are unknown by most everyone because of her toughness.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.