Translation of motor in Spanish:
- 1 (engine) an electric motorun motor eléctricoExample sentences
- The steam engine had symbolized the First Industrial Revolution and the electric motor and internal combustion engine the Second.
- Electricity powers the electric motor, which in turn propels the vehicle.
- Instead of an engine, a stack of fuel cells and an electric motor will supply power - but you won't even see them.
- 2 (car) (British) [slang]coche (masculine)
carro (masculine) (Latin America excluding Southern Cone)
auto (masculine) (esp Southern Cone)Example sentences
- One can only respond enthusiastically to the idea that the compact, prestige Beemer represents a hot motor among people in their 70s.
- Together since 1951, Peugeot and Pininfarina have created some of the most stylish mass-market motors of all time.
- The motor vehicle driver should always allow at least a half-car-width between the bike and the motor.
adjective before noun
- 1 (Motor Vehicles, Mechanics)(parts/spares)
de automóviles(accident)motor court (US) motor home or (British) caravan the motor industry (British)
de automóvil [formal]la industria automovilística or del automóvilmotor insurance
la industria automotrizseguro (masculine) de automóvilmotor showExample sentences
- When the business expanded with the move to a larger premises in Leinster Street, his mode of transport changed and a motor van was provided.
- He has a 1915 steam roller and a 1935 motor roller of his own, which he takes to the summer shows.
- During the summer months the harbourmaster is responsible for more than 2000 moorings and has to deal with hundreds of day-sailors, big yachts and motor cruisers from all over Europe.
- He eventually moved to the Daily Herald, where he made his name as a motoring and motor sports commentator, and later worked for the BBC.
- Many older drivers resent the high cost of motor insurance - especially if they have never had an accident and do not use their cars very much.
- The most expensive components of motoring are: financing the car, motor insurance and car tax.
- [colloquial] [dated]ir en cocheExample sentences
- How was I supposed to know that his little legs could motor so fast?
- Armstrong followed his move a split second later, motoring around the others and up behind Beloki as if he were being winched out of a ditch.
- Silver Star really motored from half way and she got up to take second place two lengths behind the winner and it was a similar distance back to Moonbeam in third.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.