Translation of motor in Spanish:
- 1.1 (engine) an electric motorun motor eléctricoExample sentences1.2 (car)
(British English) [slang]Example sentences
- The steam engine had symbolized the First Industrial Revolution and the electric motor and internal combustion engine the Second.
- Electricity powers the electric motor, which in turn propels the vehicle.
- Instead of an engine, a stack of fuel cells and an electric motor will supply power - but you won't even see them.
- One can only respond enthusiastically to the idea that the compact, prestige Beemer represents a hot motor among people in their 70s.
- Together since 1951, Peugeot and Pininfarina have created some of the most stylish mass-market motors of all time.
- The motor vehicle driver should always allow at least a half-car-width between the bike and the motor.
adjective (before noun)
- 1 (Cars, Mech)(parts/spares)de automóvil(mechanic)de automóviles(accident)motor court (American English) motor home o (British English) caravan the motor industry (British English)de cochede automóvil [formal]motor insurancela industria automovilística or del automóvilla industria automotrizmotor showseguro (masculine) de automóvilExample sentences
- When the business expanded with the move to a larger premises in Leinster Street, his mode of transport changed and a motor van was provided.
- He has a 1915 steam roller and a 1935 motor roller of his own, which he takes to the summer shows.
- During the summer months the harbourmaster is responsible for more than 2000 moorings and has to deal with hundreds of day-sailors, big yachts and motor cruisers from all over Europe.
- He eventually moved to the Daily Herald, where he made his name as a motoring and motor sports commentator, and later worked for the BBC.
- Many older drivers resent the high cost of motor insurance - especially if they have never had an accident and do not use their cars very much.
- The most expensive components of motoring are: financing the car, motor insurance and car tax.
- [colloquial] [dated]ir en cocheExample sentences
- How was I supposed to know that his little legs could motor so fast?
- Armstrong followed his move a split second later, motoring around the others and up behind Beloki as if he were being winched out of a ditch.
- Silver Star really motored from half way and she got up to take second place two lengths behind the winner and it was a similar distance back to Moonbeam in third.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.