Translation of mouse in Spanish:
noun plural miceAmerican English: /maʊs/ British English: /maʊs/
- 1 1.1 (animal) as poor as a church mousemás pobre que las ratasas quiet as a mousehe's been as quiet as a mouse all dayno ha dicho ni pío en todo el día [colloquial]she sat there as quiet as a mouseestaba allí sentada sin decir ni pío [colloquial]Example sentences1.2 (timid person)
timorato, (-ta) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- Experiments revealed the same cells that have also been discovered in rats, gophers, gerbils, mice, and hamsters.
- He says that, unlike rats and mice, the rodents give birth to only one offspring at a time, so a precautionary approach should be taken toward their conservation.
- They play a very important role in controlling the populations of destructive rodents such as mice and rats, their preferred and primary food items.
- The Warren brothers snickered, amused by the sight of their strict teacher suddenly turned into a timid mouse.
- It was Emma, the quiet mouse from the lunch table who, lately, had been looking slimmer and more awake than usual.
- If you are a quiet mouse you can never become a social butterfly.
- 2 (Computing) (before noun) mouse buttonbotón (masculine) del ratónmouse clickclic (masculine) del ratónmouse pointerpuntero (masculine) del ratónExample sentences
- I blinked and moved the mouse around the computer screen, clicking on the Internet icon.
- That's right - there was no need to reach for cursor keys, function keys or a mouse to move the cursor or execute a command.
- Most people use a computer by moving a mouse, which directs a cursor around on the machine's screen.
intransitive verbAmerican English: /maʊz/ British English: /maʊs/
- to go mousing(ir a) cazar ratones or (in Southern Cone also) lauchasExample sentences
- I'm not sure what the cats will make of them - that field is Faber's main area for mousing and Sorley seems to go in there quite a bit too.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.