Translation of movie in Spanish:
noun(especially American English)
- 1 (film)(before noun) (actor/director)movie film (American English) movie industry
de cineindustria (feminine) cinematográfica or del cinemovie producerExample sentences
- These are undoubtedly his most successful movies in a film career which contains a wide mix of the good, the bad and the mediocre.
- Estrada, a former action movie star, assumed the presidency in 1998.
- I think we both agree on the importance of the movie theater version.
- 2also: movies plural(especially American English) 2.1 (building) the moviesel cineto go to the moviesir al cine or a ver una película2.2 (industry) she's in movies
ir a cine (Colombia)trabaja en (el) cineExample sentences
- Believe me it's far more difficult to know what to say to an unconscious loved one than the movies make out.
- Caine then tells Parkinson about his love for the movies, and the main reasons he became an actor.
- You don't need to be a film buff to enjoy the movies or a football fanatic to watch a game.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.