Translation of movie in Spanish:
noun/nombre(especially American English/especialmente inglés norteamericano)
- 1 (film) película (feminine), film(e) (masculine) [journalese/lenguaje periodístico]; (before noun/delante del nombre) [actor/director] de cine movie film (American English/inglés norteamericano) película (feminine) movie industry industria (feminine) cinematográfica or del cine movie producer productor, (masculine, feminine) de cineExample sentences
- These are undoubtedly his most successful movies in a film career which contains a wide mix of the good, the bad and the mediocre.
- Estrada, a former action movie star, assumed the presidency in 1998.
- I think we both agree on the importance of the movie theater version.
- 2(movies plural)(especially American English/especialmente inglés norteamericano) 2.1 (building) the movies el cine to go to the movies ir* al cine or a ver una película, ir* a cine (Colombia) 2.2 (industry) cine (masculine) she's in movies trabaja en (el) cineExample sentences
- Believe me it's far more difficult to know what to say to an unconscious loved one than the movies make out.
- Caine then tells Parkinson about his love for the movies, and the main reasons he became an actor.
- You don't need to be a film buff to enjoy the movies or a football fanatic to watch a game.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.