n(especially American English/especialmente inglés norteamericano)
- 1 (film) película (f), film(e) (m) [journalese/lenguaje periodístico]; (before noun/delante del nombre) [actor/director] de cine movie film (American English/inglés norteamericano) película (feminine) movie industry industria (feminine) cinematográfica or del cine movie producer productor, (masculine, feminine) de cine movie star estrella (feminine) de cine movie theater (American English/inglés norteamericano) cine (m), sala (f) cinematográfica or de cine [formal]More example sentences
- These are undoubtedly his most successful movies in a film career which contains a wide mix of the good, the bad and the mediocre.
- Estrada, a former action movie star, assumed the presidency in 1998.
- I think we both agree on the importance of the movie theater version.
- 2(movies plural)(especially American English/especialmente inglés norteamericano) 2.1 (building) the movies el cine to go to the movies ir* al cine or a ver una película, ir* a cine (Colombia) 2.2 (industry) cine (masculine) she's in movies trabaja en (el) cineMore example sentences
- Believe me it's far more difficult to know what to say to an unconscious loved one than the movies make out.
- Caine then tells Parkinson about his love for the movies, and the main reasons he became an actor.
- You don't need to be a film buff to enjoy the movies or a football fanatic to watch a game.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Palacio de Oriente, also known as the Palacio Real, is the official residence of the Spanish Royal Family. The Royal Family now lives in the Palacio de la Zarzuela, on the outskirts of Madrid.