- 1.1 [Astronomy/Astronomía] nadir (masculine)More example sentences1.2 (lowest point) punto (m) más bajo, nadir (m) [literary/literario]
More example sentences
- If a planet culminates, sets or is on the nadir at the same time that a star occupies one of the sacred earth-generated angles, then that star walks with that planet.
- Getting out of that situation was the absolute nadir of my barefaced lying career.
- I think our dual roles reached a nadir one morning when she watched me get out of the bath.
- Once, the prince of misery's career reached such a dramatic nadir one scathing reviewer branded him a ‘boring old drone’.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Paro is the name in Spain for both unemployment and unemployment benefit. The period for which paro can be claimed ranges from three months to a year, depending on how long a person has been working. The amount paid decreases over the period of unemployment.