Translation of navigate in Spanish:
- 1.1 (Aviation, Nautical) to navigate by the starsorientarse or guiarse por las estrellasExample sentences
- Early on sailors navigated by the stars at night and the north star became the symbol for finding ones way home.
- They navigated by following the flight pattern of gannets and plied the oarsmen with whisky so when they arrived ‘there was scarce one of our crew able to manage cable or anchor’.
- When human mariners and lunar astronauts navigated by dead reckoning they used charts, tables, various measuring instruments, and a considerable amount of mathematics.
Example sentences1.2 (in car)
- We finished the preliminary Pensacola-hospital route by navigating to a nearby training airfield.
- This system permits the operator to navigate along pipeline planned routes and log the GPS coordinates of the aircraft's trajectory.
- Motorists have to navigate between potholes when using either routes and the surface of the roadway has disintegrated in places.
hacer de copilotoI'll drive, you navigateyo manejo or (Spain) conduzco y tú miras el mapa or haces de copilotohe navigates for a rally driveres copiloto de un conductor de rallyExample sentences
- The henchmen had finished unloading the drugs, so the boat navigated off into the darkness once again.
- It is said there are water plants grow so thickly upon the river further upstream, that no boat can navigate through it.
- The slipway is seen as a serious hazard to vessels navigating in the East Basin.
- Until this year his co-driver was his sister, but she has vacated the passenger's seat for Robert Reid, who navigated for ex-world champion Richard Burns.
- I speak as a man who can get lost in his own living room, a driver who for years depended on his then wife to navigate on every trip we took.
- Chris went on to navigate for a variety of other drivers including Peter Banham on the East African Safari.
- 1.1 (steer) 1.2 (travel across, along)(sea/river)having successfully navigated the lobby …
navegar poruna vez salvada la entrada …Example sentences1.3 (Computing)to navigate Web pages
navegar por páginas webExample sentences
- To Deakin's knowledge, no one else has succeeded in navigating a stretch of water classed by the Royal Navy as ‘unnavigable’.
- I simply do not have confidence in him to navigate the waters ahead skilfully enough to avoid or survive the darkening clouds on the horizon.
- Has anyone been able to successfully navigate these waters?
- When introduced, the limits will only apply to recreational mariners when their vessel is under way and then only to those who are navigating the vessel.
- The members of HPL went on strike until their contract ran out and the new service now navigates vessels on the Humber.
- It is planning to withdraw the pilots' authorisation to navigate vessels in the estuary on January 27 when their working contracts run out.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.