Translation of neighborhood in Spanish:
- 1 (residential area)(before noun) (school/policeman)neighborhood watch o ( (American English) also) patrol
del vecindario(vigilancia de una calle, barrio etc a cargo de sus propios habitantes)Example sentences
- As well, family units sit within a neighbourhood and wider community of other families that identify with a common cause, that of a decent life with those we love.
- Books were distributed in communities and neighbourhoods, and to family members and friends.
- Different classes of people have long sorted themselves into neighborhoods within a city or region.
- 2 (inhabitants)Example sentences
- Social interactions based on neighbourhood have been deteriorating for decades - particularly in highly transitory urban areas.
- Both sets of protagonists are torn between the American Dream of fame and fortune and the more comfortable pull to stay true to your station in life and neighbourhood.
- 3 (vicinity) in the neighborhooden los alrededoresin the neighborhood of $50,000
en or por la zonacerca de or alrededor de 50.000 dólaresExample sentences
- Ottawa has shown it has considered the question about the neighbourhood surrounding Iraq no more than it has given any thought to the question inside Iraq.
- The neighbourhood surrounding the Medical Academy was the biggest surprise as transactions there were few.
- Wait a while and a map of west London will open up showing the precise location of the shot and all the other photos taken in the surrounding neighbourhood.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.