Translation of nervous in Spanish:
- 1 (apprehensive, tense) to feel/get nervousestar/ponerse nerviososhe gets terribly nervousse pone nerviosísimato be nervous
aboutsomething/ -ingthere's nothing to be nervous aboutno tienes por qué ponerte nerviosoI was nervous about making a mistaketenía miedo de equivocarmeshe's nervous of traffic since the accidentdesde el accidente le tiene miedo al tráficoto make somebody nervousponer nervioso a alguienthose of a nervous dispositionlas personas nerviosasExample sentences
- We were pretty stressed and nervous about taking Arthur after the horrible accident of last weekend.
- The days are gone when I am going to get nervous about games or worry about whether or not I play well.
- I was, as ever, tense and nervous about the whole thing but I found it quite interesting and nicely handled.
- 2(system/tissue/tension)a nervous complaint
nerviosoun problema nerviososhe's a nervous wreck [colloquial]es un manojo de nervios(temporary state) está que se muere de nerviosnervous collapse nervous exhaustion
está muy mal de los nerviosagotamiento (masculine) nerviosoExample sentences
- It is an excited nervous feeling though, full of expectation and anticipation.
- The thought of his blind date gives him a rush of anticipatory nervous excitement.
- I commented on this and was told the rashes were a nervous reaction to low-flying jets and explosions.
- One might imagine that nervous tissue consists of nerve cells and very little else.
- Too ill to work and plagued by nervous disorders, these victims have almost given up on life.
- He also said the woman's case history files showed she had been treated for nervous disorders.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.