Translation of nervous in Spanish:
- 1 (apprehensive, tense) to feel/get nervousshe gets terribly nervousestar/ponerse nerviosoto be nervousse pone nerviosísima
aboutsomething/ -ingthere's nothing to be nervous aboutI was nervous about making a mistakeno tienes por qué ponerte nerviososhe's nervous of traffic since the accidenttenía miedo de equivocarmeto make somebody nervousdesde el accidente le tiene miedo al tráficothose of a nervous dispositionponer nervioso a alguienlas personas nerviosasExample sentences
- We were pretty stressed and nervous about taking Arthur after the horrible accident of last weekend.
- The days are gone when I am going to get nervous about games or worry about whether or not I play well.
- I was, as ever, tense and nervous about the whole thing but I found it quite interesting and nicely handled.
- 2(system/tissue/tension)a nervous complaintshe's a nervous wreck [colloquial]un problema nerviosoes un manojo de nervios(temporary state)nervous collapse nervous exhaustionestá que se muere de nerviosestá muy mal de los nerviosagotamiento (masculine) nerviosoExample sentences
- It is an excited nervous feeling though, full of expectation and anticipation.
- The thought of his blind date gives him a rush of anticipatory nervous excitement.
- I commented on this and was told the rashes were a nervous reaction to low-flying jets and explosions.
- One might imagine that nervous tissue consists of nerve cells and very little else.
- Too ill to work and plagued by nervous disorders, these victims have almost given up on life.
- He also said the woman's case history files showed she had been treated for nervous disorders.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...