Translation of neuter in Spanish:
- 1 [Linguistics/Lingüística] neutroExample sentences
- Still, the grammatical rule, Macgregor points out, is that the adjective, when qualifying two nouns of different genders, agrees with the masculine or feminine noun rather than with the neuter noun, irrespective of position.
- The vast majority of nouns are masculine or feminine, though there are a few neuter nouns.
- I decided that it was time to catch up with the rest of the world, and most other news organisations refer to ships as neuter.
- 2 (sexless) [Botany/Botánica] [Zoology/Zoología] neutro, asexuadoExample sentences
- Keynes has found a list of the pros and cons of marriage written by Darwin when he was 29: ‘My God, it is intolerable to think of spending one's whole life, like a neuter bee, working, working, and nothing after all.’
- My dog is neuter.
- This neuter plant, Humulus lupulus, produced no flowers for two years.
- Neuter flowers contained an average of 7.6 gl of nectar, and none were empty.
- 1 [Linguistics/Lingüística] neutro (masculine) in the neuter en género neutro
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.