Translation of neuter in Spanish:
- 1 [Linguistics/Lingüística] neutroExample sentences
- Still, the grammatical rule, Macgregor points out, is that the adjective, when qualifying two nouns of different genders, agrees with the masculine or feminine noun rather than with the neuter noun, irrespective of position.
- The vast majority of nouns are masculine or feminine, though there are a few neuter nouns.
- I decided that it was time to catch up with the rest of the world, and most other news organisations refer to ships as neuter.
- 2 (sexless) [Botany/Botánica] [Zoology/Zoología] neutro, asexuadoExample sentences
- Keynes has found a list of the pros and cons of marriage written by Darwin when he was 29: ‘My God, it is intolerable to think of spending one's whole life, like a neuter bee, working, working, and nothing after all.’
- My dog is neuter.
- This neuter plant, Humulus lupulus, produced no flowers for two years.
- Neuter flowers contained an average of 7.6 gl of nectar, and none were empty.
- 1 [Linguistics/Lingüística] neutro (masculine) in the neuter en género neutro
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.