- 1 [Linguistics/Lingüística] neutroMore example sentences
- Still, the grammatical rule, Macgregor points out, is that the adjective, when qualifying two nouns of different genders, agrees with the masculine or feminine noun rather than with the neuter noun, irrespective of position.
- The vast majority of nouns are masculine or feminine, though there are a few neuter nouns.
- I decided that it was time to catch up with the rest of the world, and most other news organisations refer to ships as neuter.
- 2 (sexless) [Botany/Botánica] [Zoology/Zoología] neutro, asexuadoMore example sentences
More example sentences
- Keynes has found a list of the pros and cons of marriage written by Darwin when he was 29: ‘My God, it is intolerable to think of spending one's whole life, like a neuter bee, working, working, and nothing after all.’
- My dog is neuter.
- This neuter plant, Humulus lupulus, produced no flowers for two years.
- Neuter flowers contained an average of 7.6 gl of nectar, and none were empty.
- 1 [Linguistics/Lingüística] neutro (masculine) in the neuter en género neutro
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.