Translation of none in Spanish:
- 1 (not any, not one) (referring to count n) I tried to get tickets, but there were none lefttraté de comprar entradas pero no quedaba ninguna or ni unaany objections? — none at all¿tienes alguna objeción? — no, ningunanone of us know o knows herninguno de nosotros la conocenone of my suggestions was o were acceptedno aceptaron ninguna de mis sugerenciaswe want none of your sarcastic commentsguárdate tus comentarios sarcásticosExample sentences
- He had hoped to receive parking permits for residents but none were forthcoming.
- There were none, except perhaps the slight lift of an eyebrow as he noticed Cory's gaze.
- It's beginning to build an activist community in a city where previously there was none.
- 2 (no amount or part) (referring to uncount noun) did you buy any milk? there's none left¿compraste leche? no hay más or se ha acabadowe wanted caviar, but there was none to be hadqueríamos caviar pero no había (por ningún lado)does she have any experience? — none that I know of¿tiene experiencia? — que yo sepa no
- 3 (no person, no thing) [literary]I fear noneno le temo a nadienone but he would have darednadie más que él or solo él se habría atrevidonone but the best ingredientssolo los mejores ingredientesPearl's cream: there's none bettercrema Pearl: la mejorExample sentences
- If Donie was the man of the match then there were heroes as well and none more so than goalie Colm Munnelly.
- To my sorrow and sadness nobody recognized me and there was none to honour me as your lover at your gate.
- Not only did none of them show up, but none sent me as much as a postcard of good wishes.
- 1 1.1none the (not, in no way) (with comparative) I was none the wiser after his explanationsu explicación no me aclaró nadahe looks none the better for his vacation
tampoco entendí nada con su explicaciónlas vacaciones no parecen haberle hecho nada de bien1.2none too (not very) (with adj or adv) she was none too pleased to see meno le hizo demasiada gracia vermethey began the season none too confidentlyempezaron la temporada sin mucha confianza
- 2 (American English) [criticized usage](with negative)it didn't hurt none
nadano me dolió nada
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.