Translation of none in Spanish:
- 1 (not any, not one) (referring to count n) I tried to get tickets, but there were none leftany objections? — none at alltraté de comprar entradas pero no quedaba ninguna or ni unanone of us know o knows her¿tienes alguna objeción? — no, ningunanone of my suggestions was o were acceptedninguno de nosotros la conocewe want none of your sarcastic commentsno aceptaron ninguna de mis sugerenciasguárdate tus comentarios sarcásticos
- 2 (no amount or part) (referring to uncount noun) did you buy any milk? there's none leftwe wanted caviar, but there was none to be had¿compraste leche? no hay más or se ha acabadodoes she have any experience? — none that I know ofqueríamos caviar pero no había (por ningún lado)¿tiene experiencia? — que yo sepa noExample sentences
- He had hoped to receive parking permits for residents but none were forthcoming.
- There were none, except perhaps the slight lift of an eyebrow as he noticed Cory's gaze.
- It's beginning to build an activist community in a city where previously there was none.
- 3 (no person, no thing) [literary]I fear nonenone but he would have daredno le temo a nadienone but the best ingredientsnadie más que él or solo él se habría atrevidoPearl's cream: there's none bettersolo los mejores ingredientescrema Pearl: la mejorExample sentences
- If Donie was the man of the match then there were heroes as well and none more so than goalie Colm Munnelly.
- To my sorrow and sadness nobody recognized me and there was none to honour me as your lover at your gate.
- Not only did none of them show up, but none sent me as much as a postcard of good wishes.
- 1 1.1none the (not, in no way) (with comparative) I was none the wiser after his explanationhe looks none the better for his vacationsu explicación no me aclaró nadatampoco entendí nada con su explicación1.2none too (not very) (with adj or adv) she was none too pleased to see melas vacaciones no parecen haberle hecho nada de bienthey began the season none too confidentlyno le hizo demasiada gracia vermeempezaron la temporada sin mucha confianza
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than