- 1.1 (freely available) [software/hardware] de(l) dominio públicoMore example sentences
More example sentences1.2 (unpatented) [brand/product] no patentado
- This is its ‘generic’, i.e. non-proprietary, name.
- But it is a good MP3 player, and more importantly it's a non-proprietary, non-copyright enforcing, song-organising MP3 player.
- It is a widely supported, non-proprietary standard, and there is plenty of software available.
- The following disadvantages might provide reasons for using alternative or non-proprietary software for future projects.
- It is also based on non-proprietary standards and open source software.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Today is a public holiday in Chile (Día de la Independencia)