Translation of normal in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (usual, standard) normal above/below normal por encima/por debajo de lo normal when things get back to normal cuando todo vuelva a la normalidad, cuando la situación se normalice it's normal to tip the driver se acostumbra or se suele dar una propina al conductor it's normal for them to react like that o it's normal that they should react like that es normal que reaccionen así normal service will be resumed as soon as possible [Television/Televisión] se reanudará la emisión lo antes posibleExample sentences1.2 (of health, behavior) [person/development] normal
- The news was on a repeat schedule at this hour since it was normal for them to repeat the news at night.
- Under normal circumstances you would expect the latter to have a much lower price tag.
- The queue of traffic had stopped again after moving a few meters, a pace which seemed about normal for the rush hour in the middle of York on a Wednesday morning.
- In some cases, children with dominant single gene disorders are born to normal parents.
- He's just a normal person that probably has a few mental issues he needs to deal with.
- Take advantage of this quiet mental time to see how normal people live.
- 2 2.1 [Mathematics/Matemáticas] [line] normal 2.2 [Chemistry/Química] [solution] normalExample sentences
- Therefore, 1L of normal saline should be given per hour to start.
- An infusion of IV normal saline frequently corrects hypotension and increases cardiac output.
- The probe was rinsed with sterile normal saline between measurements of each raft.
- Unless the radar signal is normal to some surface (extremely low probability) the radar receives no return.
- In physics, the critical angle is described with respect to the normal line.
- The hard perturbations in this study caused the trajectory to move in a direction that was normal to the limit cycle.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Radio broadcasting in Spain began in the 1920s. The state-run Radio Nacional de España (RNE) was established during the Civil War. There are many private radio stations and they compete fiercely. Radio personalities are paid huge salaries, out of which they employ the staff for their programs.