Translation of northeast in Spanish:
- 1.1 (direction) nor(d)este, Nor(d)este northeast by east/north nor(d)este cuarta al este/norteExample sentences1.2 (region) el nor(d)este
- Avoid the rocky outcrops, and when you reach approximately the 550-metre contour line, bear round to the east and then the north-east until you arrive at the steep slope which leads onto the wide summit ridge.
- One of the most problematic wind directions is from the north-east, wiping out many dive sites along the south coast and also on the northern side of the peninsula.
- It has a magnificent site at the top of the island's hill, looking down towards the village and offering views of Mykonos to the north-east, Paros to the east and Los to the south.
- The best-preserved section of Roman wall is in the north-east of the town, along the Rue de la Citadelle.
- Screening for women aged between 50 and 64 was introduced in the Eastern Health Board region, the midlands and the north-east.
- At first this was confined to the older industrial regions of the north-east, Scotland, and South Wales.
- nor(d)este (invariable adjective/adjetivo invariable), del nor(d)este, nororiental
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A patera is a boat with a shallow draft, used by illegal immigrants, known as balseros, to cross the Straits of Gibraltar from Morocco to southern Spain.