Translation of note in Spanish:
- 1 countable 1.1 (record, reminder) to make a note of somethinganotar or apuntar algoshe made a mental note of ittomó nota de ello mentalmenteto make noteshacer anotacionesto take notestomar apuntes or notaslecture notesapuntes (masculine plural) de claseto compare notescambiar impresionesExample sentences1.2 (comment) marginal notes
anotaciones (feminine plural) al margenshe wrote the catalogue notes
- I was taking notes during the brief but my pen went dry midway through.
- University is not just about sitting in lectures and taking notes, then going over to the library to do essays.
- Yes, just taking notes can trigger your memory and revive all those important points.
notas (feminine plural) al margen
acotaciones (feminine plural)escribió el comentario del catálogoExample sentences
- The typeface has been chosen well and the use of lavender print in the word headings and margin notes makes this book a delight to read and to own.
- It could be best described as a selection of readings accompanied with annotations and explanatory notes.
- Each of the plays Shaver includes, however, is thoroughly annotated with explanatory notes that will ease the introduction of these texts into the classroom.
- 2 countable 2.1 (message) leave a note on the doordeja una nota or un recado en la puertaExample sentences2.2 (official communication) (Politics)
- I went back through to the kitchen and wrote a short note explaining what was on the disc.
- I've kept everything: his letters, little notes and the messages he would write in his books.
- You wrote a short handwritten note, which explained to me how, where and when to deliver the feedback to the external examiner.
also: promissory note(Finance)Example sentences
- France sent a diplomatic note to the Thai government, detailing a series of demands.
- The PNG government sent a second diplomatic note on April 7, again demanding an apology.
- Mexico's foreign minister says he sent a diplomatic note to the United States protesting the law.
- Donnie dug into his pocket and pulled out a ten-pound note and handed it over.
- Even if A pays notes and coins into an account - typically not the case - it is basic law that that money is the bank's own, to use as it wishes.
- He then pulled out a wad of $100 and $50 notes before paying the bill and leaving a $3 tip.
- 3 countable 3.1 (Music) to end something on a high noteterminar algo por todo lo alto or a lo grande
cerrar algo con un broche de oroExample sentences
- Students will need to be able to play blocked seventh chords in one hand while playing single notes in the other hand, and read treble and bass clefs.
- Some singers astonished the judges with their amazing control over their voice as they got tested in the nuances of musical notes in various ragas.
- When a bow is drawn across a string, the result might be a musical note at the desired pitch, but on the other hand it might be an undesirable whistle, screech or graunch.
Example sentences3.2 (tone) it strikes a familiar note
- All this talk that one shouldn't change a single note in a score is nonsense.
- Beneath the portraits and guitars is a rose of musical notes, symbolizing Elvis' lifelong love of music.
- For a 14-year-old, just looking at the swirling and overlapping musical notes was daunting.
suena conocidohis remark struck a discordant notesu comentario dio la nota discordantehe struck just the right notedio con el tono justothere was a note of weariness in her voicesu voz tenía un dejo de cansanciosu voz tenía un deje de cansancio (Spain)do I detect a note of sarcasm?¿no hay allí una pizca de sarcasmo?if I may sound a note of caution …si se me permite llamar a la precaución …the evening ended on a sad notela velada terminó con una nota triste3.3 (element, hint)Example sentences
- Roman and italic type started to be used together in the same line at the same time black notes began to accompany white notes on the piano, both products of the same Baroque mindset.
- It has also set a pattern before us of five black and seven white notes not to be argued with.
- Chapters cover finding notes on the piano, hand positioning and an introduction to rhythm and musical notation.
- On a final note, the physical quality of paperbound edition I own leaves much to be desired.
- Improbably yet convincingly, the film ends on an optimistic note.
- With his eye already on the future, and in particular on next year's World Cup, it was no surprise though to hear Woodward hit an optimistic note.
- 5 uncountable 5.1 (importance, interest) a surgeon of noteun cirujano de renombrenothing of (any) note came of their research
un eminente cirujanosu investigación no produjo resultados de particular interésnothing worthy of notenada digno de mención5.2 (attention) take note of what he saystoma nota de or presta atención a lo que diceI shall take full note of your objectionstendré muy en cuenta sus objeciones
- 1 (observe, notice) I have noted your objectionshe tomado (debida) nota de sus objecionesnote the red markings on its headfíjense en or observen las manchas rojas de la cabezato note
thatobservar or notarwill customers kindly note that smoking is not permitted quese les recuerda a los señores clientes que está prohibido fumarExample sentences
- We were both wearing our best clothes at the time so my mother was not pleased to note our bedraggled appearance on our return home.
- They picked up their lists (please note the plural) of questions and the interview began.
- I note the provision for notice of requirement for public documents.
- 2 (record) we asked for the decision to be noted in the minutespedimos que la decisión constara en actaExample sentences
- Flow charts are made, every progress in the investigation is meticulously noted down.
- It is noted down on my - all the transfer documents are in the affidavit, your Honour.
- I'm not sure how much of a difference this makes, but I'm happy to note it for the record.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.