Translation of nucleus in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -clei /-kliaɪ/)
- 1.1 (of atom, cell, galaxy) núcleo (masculine)Example sentences1.2 (central part, core) núcleo (masculine) to form the nucleus of sth constituir* el núcleo de algo
- Dense granules surrounding the nucleus are probably cytoplasmic organelles.
- The cells had round or oval vesicular nuclei with multiple prominent nucleoli.
- The cells were characterized by large vesicular nuclei with single large nucleoli.
- If this proposal is accepted, the government together with the St Lucian organizations could have an extension of the mission in Brooklyn and an important nucleus for the St Lucian community.
- The nucleus of the global movement against injustice will not - cannot, should not - be found in the centers of global privilege.
- And at the moment there is not even the nucleus of a movement to achieve that.
- The harmless radio waves excite protons that form the nuclei of hydrogen atoms in the body.
- Electrons produce a small magnetic field as they spin and orbit the nucleus of an atom.
- Electrons are found in clouds that surround the nucleus of an atom.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Radio broadcasting in Spain began in the 1920s. The state-run Radio Nacional de España (RNE) was established during the Civil War. There are many private radio stations and they compete fiercely. Radio personalities are paid huge salaries, out of which they employ the staff for their programs.