Translation of numb in Spanish:
adjective -er, -est
- (with cold) the injection made my gums go numbla inyección me durmió las encíasI just felt numb after the funeralquedé como atontado después del funeralto be numb
withsomethingmy fingers were numb with coldtenía los dedos entumecidos de fríonumb with fearpetrificado de miedoExample sentences
- I awoke to find this numb sensation in my left arm, and a horrible headache.
- You're standing beside a beer cooler on the bank of a frozen Siberian river, and your nose is numb with cold.
- He reached to grab the rifle but could not because his forearm felt numb and dead.
- (cold)television numbed the country to the horror of the disaster
entumecerla excesiva cobertura televisiva del desastre insensibilizó a la poblaciónExample sentences
- This is drunk warm out of small earthenware cups or chilled depending on the season, and in my experience the hot stuff numbs your senses like hemlock.
- And so she bravely walked down 2nd Avenue, fighting the elements, the cold wind numbing her soft little fingers.
- Are their senses numbed by visual culture, we wonder, or are they simply getting the programmes they deserve?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.