Translation of nymph in Spanish:
- 1 [Mythol] ninfa (feminine) wood/water nymph ninfa de los bosques/de las aguasExample sentences
- Nijinsky's was about a mythological creature who encounters nymphs in a wood on a summer afternoon.
- Zeus freed Odysseus from the nymph Calypso, who held him prisoner on her island, by sending Mercury with an order to Calypso herself.
- Enter Paris, a shepherd in a rather creative marriage with the mountain nymph Oenone.
- 2 (larva) [Zoology/Zoología] ninfa (feminine)Example sentences
- The bulk of the diet of trout is made up of small invertebrates, particularly mayfly nymphs and caddis fly larvae.
- The afternoon of pond-dipping will be divided between two of Oakwell's ponds and visitors can expect to see anything from sticklebacks and frogs to diving beetles and dragonfly nymphs.
- As a grasshopper nymph grows, the pads become longer and venation becomes evident.
- The Malabar Tree Nymph (Idea malabarica) is a large butterfly found in peninsular India that belongs to the danaid group of the family Nymphalidae.
- When you visit the Butterfly Wing, one of the most remarkable butterflies you will see is the giant wood nymph, Idea leuconoe.
- The Ceylon tree nymph is a beautiful silvery white butterfly (2) and is the largest member of the Danaidae family in Sri Lanka.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A patera is a boat with a shallow draft, used by illegal immigrants, known as balseros, to cross the Straits of Gibraltar from Morocco to southern Spain.