Translation of obey in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- [person/instructions] obedecer*; [instincts] seguir* just obey your conscience haz lo que te dicte la concienciaExample sentences
- He knew that his people would always obey him, but no one ever visited him just to talk.
- He was meant for royalty and people always obeyed him.
- Jace always obeyed his mother, and respected her to the utmost.
- Though sympathetic toward General Tang, Li said he still felt compelled to criticize General Tang for not obeying the moral principles of the military to never reprove superior officers.
- Both generators obey the first ground rule of satire: meticulous observation.
- The world looked on, deaf to pleas to intervene, and even when the president last week removed freedom of the press, the Commonwealth only uttered pious warnings about obeying democratic principles.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Venezuela, pasapalo is small portions of food that are usually served with drinks at parties, bars, and social get-togethers.