Translation of objection in Spanish:
- 1 countable (argument against) that's a valid objectiones una objeción válidato make/raise/voice an objectionhacer/poner/expresar una objeciónI've no objection: we can go wherever you likeno tengo inconveniente, podemos ir a donde quierasI'm going out: any objections?voy a salir ¿alguna objeción or algún inconveniente?objection
thatobjeciónhe raised the objection that the company was short of funds de quepuso la objeción de que la compañía estaba escasa de fondosobjection tosomethingobjeciónis there any objection to my being present? aalgo¿existe alguna objeción a que or algún inconveniente en que yo asista?Example sentences
- They said that the President either had already signed it or was about to when objections were raised in Congress.
- Traffic is a common theme of the concerns expressed in the objections to the quarry.
- It will allow residents to seek a review of licences at any time and raise objections when they are applied for.
- 2 countable (Law)objection!¡protesto!objection overruledno ha lugar a la protestaobjection sustained or upheldha lugar a la protestaExample sentences
- The application is open to objection and is likely that the whole process will take many months.
- This position, even if internally consistent, would seem to be open to grave objection.
- All of the explanations are open to serious objection: it may well be that none of them is correct.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.