Translation of obligate in Spanish:
- 1 (oblige) (especially American English) [formal]to obligate somebody to +
infinitiveobligar a alguienthe agreement obligates us to do it a+ infinitiveel acuerdo nos obliga a hacerloto be/feel obligated (to + infinitive)estar/sentirse obligado (he felt obligated to look after his parents a+ infinitive)se sentía obligado a cuidar de sus padresdon't feel obligatedno te sientas obligadoto be/feel obligated to somebodyestar/quedar en deuda con alguien
- 2(Finance) (American English)
ofrecer como garantíaExample sentences
- This means that funds have to be obligated against contractual agreements within a limited amount of time.
- As agents of investors, managers are obligated to maximize the interests of the owners or principals.
- Sellers are obligated to disclose significant property defects of which they are aware.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.