Translation of obligate in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1 (oblige) (especially American English/especialmente inglés norteamericano) [formal]to obligate sb to +
infinitive/infinitivoobligar* a algn a+ infinitive/infinitivothe agreement obligates us to do it el acuerdo nos obliga a hacerlo to be/feel obligated (to + infinitive/infinitivo) estar*/sentirse* obligado ( a+ infinitive/infinitivo) he felt obligated to look after his parents se sentía obligado a cuidar de sus padres don't feel obligated no te sientas obligado to be/feel obligated to sb estar*/quedar en deuda con algn
- 2 [Finance] (American English/inglés norteamericano) ofrecer* como garantíaExample sentences
- This means that funds have to be obligated against contractual agreements within a limited amount of time.
- As agents of investors, managers are obligated to maximize the interests of the owners or principals.
- Sellers are obligated to disclose significant property defects of which they are aware.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...