Translation of obstruction in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable/no numerable 1.1 (act) obstrucción (feminine)Example sentences1.2 [Sport/Deporte] obstrucción (feminine)
- What is unhealthy is the growing habit of obstruction, delay and occasional flat refusal to co-operate.
- For the administration and its conservative allies, the United Nations represents embarrassment and obstruction.
- Remember, snoring means obstructed breathing, and obstruction can be serious.
- Melvin, too, was informed that the only player guilty of obstruction was Lopez.
- After four minutes Barnhall were awarded a penalty when a Naas player was penalised for obstruction.
- It's true that less obstruction helps all players and speeds up the game.
- 2 countable/numerable (in traffic, pipeline) obstrucción (feminine); [Medicine/Medicina] obstrucción (feminine), oclusión (feminine); (to plans) obstáculo (masculine), impedimento (masculine) move on please: you're causing an obstruction circule: está obstruyendo el paso we encountered one obstruction after another encontramos un obstáculo or impedimento tras otroan obstruction
tosth an obstruction to traffic una obstrucción del tráfico a serious obstruction to progress un serio obstáculo al progresoExample sentences
- The nylon line that anglers use frequently breaks when hooks become snagged on underwater obstructions or bankside vegetation.
- Check for depth and obstructions before diving, then go in feet first for the initial try.
- Because there had been no trains on the line for two days because of Christmas he was checking for fallen trees or other obstructions.
- A thorough examination of the head and neck should be performed to look for obstruction, inflammation and infection.
- An infectious cause should be suspected in children with signs and symptoms of airway obstruction accompanied by a prodromal illness or fever.
- Intestinal strictures and bowel obstruction may develop in patients with refractory sprue or celiac disease that has been untreated over a long period.
- Meetings and marches are subject to the laws prohibiting obstruction of the highway, public nuisance, and trespass, and to local authority by-laws.
- The dictionary meaning of gridlock is obstruction of traffic caused by queues of vehicles forming across a junction and causing further queues to form in the intersecting streets.
- The council decided this caused obstruction to traffic and painted yellow lines down both sides.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Venezuela, pasapalo is small portions of food that are usually served with drinks at parties, bars, and social get-togethers.