Translation of obtain in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- [merchandise/information/results/ticket] conseguir*, obtener* [formal] salt can be obtained from sea water se puede obtener sal del agua del mar to obtain sth
forsb conseguirle* algo aalgn we can obtain that book for you le podemos conseguir ese libroExample sentences
- A new strain was one that had not been isolated from sputum samples previously obtained from an individual patient.
- The results obtained by the 2 methods of specimen handling and DNA extraction were indistinguishable.
- The parameter estimates were obtained using simulated maximum likelihood with Halton sequences as described by Train.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo[formal]
- 1.1 (exist) [practice/belief] imperar [formal]; [conditions] estar* dadas 1.2 (be valid) [law/theorem] regir*Example sentences
- But how does all this fit with what obtains here at home?
- Or are we to go semi-professional like obtains on the domestic soccer front in Ireland, with such little attraction for fans.
- I should note that Welborn Rule obtains here: all posts to me are subject to possible posting, so be forewarned!
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Venezuela, pasapalo is small portions of food that are usually served with drinks at parties, bars, and social get-togethers.