Translation of obtain in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- [merchandise/information/results/ticket] conseguir*, obtener* [formal] salt can be obtained from sea water se puede obtener sal del agua del mar to obtain sth
forsb conseguirle* algo aalgn we can obtain that book for you le podemos conseguir ese libroExample sentences
- A new strain was one that had not been isolated from sputum samples previously obtained from an individual patient.
- The results obtained by the 2 methods of specimen handling and DNA extraction were indistinguishable.
- The parameter estimates were obtained using simulated maximum likelihood with Halton sequences as described by Train.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo[formal]
- 1.1 (exist) [practice/belief] imperar [formal]; [conditions] estar* dadas 1.2 (be valid) [law/theorem] regir*Example sentences
- But how does all this fit with what obtains here at home?
- Or are we to go semi-professional like obtains on the domestic soccer front in Ireland, with such little attraction for fans.
- I should note that Welborn Rule obtains here: all posts to me are subject to possible posting, so be forewarned!
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, a gestoría is an office that deals with government agencies on behalf of its clients. It is common practice to use a gestoría to avoid the problems of dealing with Spanish bureaucracy, despite the cost involved.