Translation of obtain in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- [merchandise/information/results/ticket] conseguir*, obtener* [formal] salt can be obtained from sea water se puede obtener sal del agua del mar to obtain sth
forsb conseguirle* algo aalgn we can obtain that book for you le podemos conseguir ese libroExample sentences
- A new strain was one that had not been isolated from sputum samples previously obtained from an individual patient.
- The results obtained by the 2 methods of specimen handling and DNA extraction were indistinguishable.
- The parameter estimates were obtained using simulated maximum likelihood with Halton sequences as described by Train.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo[formal]
- 1.1 (exist) [practice/belief] imperar [formal]; [conditions] estar* dadas 1.2 (be valid) [law/theorem] regir*Example sentences
- But how does all this fit with what obtains here at home?
- Or are we to go semi-professional like obtains on the domestic soccer front in Ireland, with such little attraction for fans.
- I should note that Welborn Rule obtains here: all posts to me are subject to possible posting, so be forewarned!
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Mexican politics, a prospective party candidate for the presidency is called a tapado. Candidates traditionally emerge from within the party but their identity is not revealed until the candidate is officially declared: they remain tapados (hidden), thus arousing a great deal of speculation. Under the rule of the