Translation of occlude in Spanish:
- 1.1 (obstruct, block)Example sentences1.2 (Chemistry)
- Tumors in the tracheobronchial tree often occlude major airways producing obstructive pneumonitis and hypoxia.
- Devices for occluding the urethra include urethral plugs and, more recently, expandable urethral devices.
- All this is jam-packed into your sinuses and other nasal structures, occluding your airway completely.
- Could the magmatic conditions at depth allow argon to be occluded within the minerals at the time of their formation?
- If the pore in the closed channel is occluded sterically, such a molecule should be unable to reach substituted cysteines below the gate.
- H2O molecules can be tightly bound to biological material and are occluded in proteins where they are often involved in catalytic reactions.
- (Dentistry)Example sentences
- The peglike first upper molar does not occlude with any tooth of the lower jaw, so it serves no clear function.
- It consists of a pair of mandibular tooth plates that occludes with two pairs of plates above.
- The clear implication is that, at least in Idiognathodus, the teeth occluded in a regular and precise way.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.