Translation of occur in Spanish:
intransitive verb -rr-
- 1 1.1 (take place) [formal](change)producirse [formal]Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 (appear, be found)
- An air bag is designed to protect a driver or passenger in the event that an accident occurs.
- Hallucinations usually occur only at particular times and places, and are associated with the events hoped for.
- The functional impairments secondary to osteoarthritis also occur more frequently in older adults.
(disease/species)that phrase/idea occurs repeatedly in her writingsdarseencontrarsea sound that doesn't occur in our languageesa frase/idea aparece repetidamente en sus escritosif the opportunity occurs …un sonido que no existe or no se da en nuestra lenguasi se presenta la oportunidad …
- Anthrax is a naturally occurring bacterium that exists in the form of spores which allow it to survive in the environment.
- It is probable that every naturally occurring element is present in the outer core at least at trace levels.
- Silica is rare but when present occurs in vascular bundle sheath cells in both the leaf sheath and leaf blade.
- 2 (come to mind) See examples:to occur
tosomebody (to + infinitive)that idea had already occurred to meocurrírsele aalguien (+ infinitive)it didn't occur to me to aska mí ya se me había ocurrido esoit never occurs to him that I might want to goni se me ocurrió preguntarnunca se le ocurre pensar or nunca se le pasa por la imaginación que quizás yo quiera irExample sentences
- He would often get up from bed at night when an idea occurred to him and write it down.
- She turned her eyes down to the paw she held, several ideas occurring to her simultaneously.
- I leaned over again so that I could see it more clearly, then an idea occurred to me.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the