- [Music/Música] tiempo (masculine) débil on the offbeat en el tiempo débilMore example sentences
- McDowell's guitar playing on these songs was all about rhythm, a distinctive syncopated chug that emphasized the offbeats and often stayed on a single chord.
- The drum machine offbeats are still present, but instead of snarky basslines and slow grinds, the song features a wistfully high organ stomp, and shifting tempos throughout.
- This is all to say nothing of the beautiful, ever-rising backing that threads through the song; present in the verse, when the horns come in full-force on the offbeats.
The Basque autonomous police force is called Ertzaintza. Its members, called ertzainas, wear a uniform of red sweaters and berets, and white jackets. Despite the Ertzaintza's wide range of responsibilities, the Guardia Civil and Policía Nacional still operate in the Basque Country.
- [humor/ideas/person] poco convencional the way she dresses is rather offbeat viste de una manera muy poco convencionalMore example sentences
- This cinema at that time showed very offbeat and unusual films.
- The humor is offbeat and unconventional, but much of it is funny.
- Dr. Seuss has been one of the most unusual and offbeat children's authors in literature.