Translation of offbeat in Spanish:
nounAmerican English: /ˈɔfˌbit/ British English: /ˈɒfbiːt/
- (Music)tiempo (masculine) débilon the offbeaten el tiempo débilExample sentences
- McDowell's guitar playing on these songs was all about rhythm, a distinctive syncopated chug that emphasized the offbeats and often stayed on a single chord.
- The drum machine offbeats are still present, but instead of snarky basslines and slow grinds, the song features a wistfully high organ stomp, and shifting tempos throughout.
- This is all to say nothing of the beautiful, ever-rising backing that threads through the song; present in the verse, when the horns come in full-force on the offbeats.
adjectiveAmerican English: /ˈɔfˌbit/ British English: /ˈɒfbiːt/ , /ɒfˈbiːt/
- (humor/ideas/person)the way she dresses is rather offbeat
poco convencionalviste de una manera muy poco convencionalExample sentences
- This cinema at that time showed very offbeat and unusual films.
- The humor is offbeat and unconventional, but much of it is funny.
- Dr. Seuss has been one of the most unusual and offbeat children's authors in literature.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.