Translation of officer in Spanish:
- 1 (Military, Nautical) officers' messcomedor (masculine) de oficialesofficers' quartersresidencia (feminine) de oficialesExample sentences
- Anderson later served as a warrant officer and commissioned officer in the Army Reserve.
- The hardest workers among you may become chief petty officers, warrant officers and commissioned officers.
- We have more women commissioned officers than the Active Army, even though we're about 60 percent smaller.
- 3 (official)(in government service) funcionario, (-ria) (masculine, feminine)(of union, party) dirigente (masculine or feminine)(of club) directivo, (-va) (masculine, feminine)customs officeragente (masculine or feminine) de aduanasofficer of the law
oficial (masculine or feminine) de aduanasagente (masculine or feminine) de la leylaw enforcement officer (American English)agente (masculine or feminine) de la leyofficer of the court personnel officerExample sentences
- During months of bombing, there were no public health officers to issue death certificates, which explains the lack of official statistics.
- Where a court or a public officer wrongly refuses jurisdiction the exercise of the jurisdiction can be commanded by a writ of mandamus.
- Government officers should see public property as their own and seek to protect it.
- Directors, officers and other senior financial officers set the tone for ethical behavior within any organization.
- Its August survey of banks' senior loan officers says business loans are increasingly available.
- Francis becomes chief marketing officer and managing director at the Wayne, Pa., company.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.