Translation of officer in Spanish:
- 1.1 [Military/Militar] [Nautical/Náutica] oficial (masculine and feminine) officers' mess comedor (masculine) or (Southern Cone/Cono Sur) casino (masculine) de oficiales officers' quarters residencia (feminine) de oficialesExample sentences1.2
(police officer)policía (masculine and feminine), agente (masculine and feminine) de policía; (as form of address/como título de cortesía) agente excuse me, officer perdone, agente 1.3 (official — in government service) funcionario, (masculine, feminine); (— of union, party) dirigente (masculine and feminine); (—of club) directivo, (masculine, feminine) customs officer agente (masculine and feminine) or oficial (masculine and feminine) de aduanas officer of the law agente (masculine and feminine) de la ley law enforcement officer (American English/inglés norteamericano) agente (masculine and feminine) de la ley officer of the court funcionario, (masculine, feminine) de tribunales personnel officer jefe, (masculine, feminine) de personalExample sentences
- Anderson later served as a warrant officer and commissioned officer in the Army Reserve.
- The hardest workers among you may become chief petty officers, warrant officers and commissioned officers.
- We have more women commissioned officers than the Active Army, even though we're about 60 percent smaller.
- During months of bombing, there were no public health officers to issue death certificates, which explains the lack of official statistics.
- Where a court or a public officer wrongly refuses jurisdiction the exercise of the jurisdiction can be commanded by a writ of mandamus.
- Government officers should see public property as their own and seek to protect it.
- Directors, officers and other senior financial officers set the tone for ethical behavior within any organization.
- Its August survey of banks' senior loan officers says business loans are increasingly available.
- Francis becomes chief marketing officer and managing director at the Wayne, Pa., company.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.