Translation of offload in Spanish:
- 1.1 (unload)(ship/truck)
hacer bajarExample sentences1.2 (discard) [colloquial]to offload something
- The teachers from the orphanage immediately formed a line to help us offload our cargo.
- He said that the company was manufacturing its own spare parts and other accessories for the machinery a development that caused considerable cut down on time to load and offload cargo.
- Fixed-wing air land is the next most responsive mode, because it travels at the fastest speeds and the cargo can be offloaded quickly at the destination airstrip.
ontosomebodyendilgarle or endosarle or (in Latin America also) encajarle algohe has an old car he wants to offload aalguien [colloquial]tiene un coche viejo del que quiere deshacerse or que quiere endilgarle a alguienExample sentences
- He sold his synthesizers, offloaded his collection of more than 200 records and switched his focus to books.
- Currently, shareholders who want to offload shares sell back their stakes to the group.
- Often they were offloading defective goods they could not sell at a shop.
- I'm sorry to offload all this onto you but I guess its just fair to warn you what you may be getting yourself into.
- ‘Hairdressing salons are no longer the place to go to have your hair restyled, you can chill out, get a massage or go in and talk to your stylist and offload all your problems,’ says the writer.
- It's like you're using me to offload all your troubles and I'm sick!
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.