Translation of offset in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo (present/presente -sets present participle/participio presente, -setting past tense & past participle/pasado y participio pasado, -set)
- 1.1 (compensate for) [costs/loss/shortfall] compensar to offset sth
againststh deducir* algo dealgo any overpayment will be offset against your next invoice cualquier saldo a su favor le será deducido de su próxima facturaExample sentences1.2 [Printing/Imprenta] imprimir* en offset
- An increasing university student population has partly offset these effects.
- But part of the profit pressure is offset - at least on the income statement - with nonoperating gains.
- The decline in the primary sector was to an extent offset by the growth in production in the secondary sector.
- [Printing/Imprenta] offset (masculine); (before noun/delante del nombre) [printing/reproduction] en offset
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, a gestoría is an office that deals with government agencies on behalf of its clients. It is common practice to use a gestoría to avoid the problems of dealing with Spanish bureaucracy, despite the cost involved.