Translation of operate in Spanish:
- 1(machine/mechanism)it operates by electricity
funcionarfunciona con or a electricidadExample sentences
- If the dissolution process has operated efficiently through time, then extensive caves will be found in a limestone massif.
- To make sure your system operates efficiently, examine it frequently, checking for leaks, clogs, or misdirected sprinklers or drip-emitters.
- While this system operates efficiently when only a single pair of achiasmate chromosomes is present, multiple pairs of large chromosomes cannot be distinguished.
- 2 2.1 (act)(drug/sedative)the law operates to our advantage
surtir efectola ley nos favorecevarious trends are operating against/in favor of integrationvarias tendencias obran en contra de/a favor de la integraciónExample sentences2.2 (be applicable)
(rules/laws)a Sunday service will operate on New Year's Day (Transport)
- In his book Pity the Nation, British journalist Robert Fisk explains in some detail the way the land laws operated and to what effect.
- My answer is that certainly it is necessary that such laws operate in order for effects brought about directly by the agent to have ulterior consequences.
- The law of cause and effect operates only in the realm of nature (the empirical realm).
regirel día de Año Nuevo habrá un servicio dominical
- 3 3.1 (pursue one's business)(company/airline)we operate all over the country
operaroperamos en todo el paíswe operate out of our own housetrabajamos or operamos desde nuestro domiciliohow can I operate under these conditions?¿cómo puedo trabajar en estas condiciones?he operates from a base in Montevideotiene su base de operaciones en Montevideowe have to operate within the laws of the countrytenemos que actuar or obrar de acuerdo a las leyes del paísa gang of thieves is operating in the areauna banda de ladrones opera en la zonaExample sentences3.2
- At that time, Pegasus stated its commitment to working with current management and operating the bicycle business as a going concern.
- At least that's how managers try to operate such businesses.
- IT manages the information that's needed to operate a business.
- However, there are strong divisions between these groups, even within organizations operating together.
- HR flow policies can be strongly influenced by the national cultural assumptions within which the organization operates.
- In reality it is unusual to see this method, primarily due to the complexity involved in calculation and the unstable environment within which most organizations operate.
- Modern technology and design assist in urban control while complicating the terrain in which a military force might operate.
- They also don't have the easy target that Cornwallis gave them at Yorktown, though there is a small British force operating in the area.
- My job was to document the war efforts of U.S. military forces operating out of Thailand.
- 4 (Medicine) to operate
onsomebody ( forsomething)operarthey operated on her, she was operated on aalguien ( dealgo)la operaronhis daughter was operated on for appendicitis
fue intervenida [formal]
fue sometida a una intervención quirúrgica [formal]operaron a su hija de apendicitis
su hija fue operada de apendicitisExample sentences
- Concerns about the standard of care were further highlighted by the fact that the surgeon who eventually operated on the man was given the wrong endoscope, which in any case wasn't working.
- My experience of the NHS, from the superb and knighted surgeon who operated on me to the Indian tea lady with her endless cups, was one of kindness, courtesy and concern.
- The surgeons who operated on him thought he might never walk again.
- 1Example sentences
- A person operating our control system could take it in stride.
- He also believes that the people operating machines or carrying out processes are usually those who know best how to get the optimum performance from them.
- It was a big room with huge glasses, through which I could see three persons operating the monitoring system and watching the dashboard.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.