Translation of oral in Spanish:
adjective (usually before noun)
- 1.1 (spoken)(examination/exercise)(transmission)(tradition)oral classes in Frenchtransmitido oralmente or verbalmenteclases (feminine plural) orales de francésExample sentences
- They rely on oral interviews rather than written ones.
- It focuses on oral communication rather than written communication, which is vital in communities where there are many people who are not literate.
- As Ruby and Brown point out in, military records often differed from Spokane versions, which generally assumed an oral, rather than written, form.
- Folk literature from the oral tradition to the printed word encompasses four major types: legends, myths, fables, and fairy tales.
- Like the slaves, immersed from birth in an oral tradition, she sings the recipe to retain the words.
- We often therefore speak of oral traditions, but the most important element in an oral tradition is not so much the spoken word as it is human memory.
- Maintenance of good oral hygiene and dental care are important.
- The chronic exposure to silver compounds both in medical and industrial settings can lead to permanent bluish-black discoloration of oral and nasopharyngeal mucosa.
- Sites involved include the oral cavity, anus, and genital mucosa.
(phase/fixation)Example sentences1.4 (Linguistics)
- Any woman who had ever been pregnant, had a positive pregnancy test, or used estrogen replacement therapy or oral contraceptives was excluded from the study.
- Should oral contraceptives or hormone replacement therapy be discontinued before surgery?
- There has been little input from the clinicians who prescribe oral contraceptives or from the women who use them.
- But the research evidence linking actual deprivation with the later development of oral behaviour or character is weak.
- This behavior ties directly into the oral fixation theories.
- 12 vowels are distinguished; six oral vowels and six nasal vowels.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...