Translation of ordnance in Spanish:
- 1 (artillery) (before noun) ordnance corpscuerpo (masculine) de armamento y materialExample sentences
- The term is, however, also correctly applied to heavy rifled ordnance of the howitzer class used for coastal defence by some nations, though few ever saw use in 1939-45.
- Over the next fifteen years, he invented and developed bronze boat guns, heavy smoothbore shell guns, and rifled ordnance.
- Following transition to the line around the turn of the century, Reeves continued his brilliant career, tackling the complex problems of naval gunnery, torpedoes, and ordnance.
- 2 (supplies)Example sentences
- The first wave of troops crossed the bridge, and soon the air on the far side was thick with ordnance - artillery shells, mortars, bullets.
- Artillery generally offers greater responsiveness and persistence, while air-delivered ordnance is usually more accurate and lethal.
- The total amounted to more than 180,000 pieces of ordnance.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.