Translation of ordnance in Spanish:
- 1.1 (artillery) artillería (feminine) (before noun/delante del nombre) ordnance corps cuerpo (masculine) de armamento y materialExample sentences1.2 (supplies) pertrechos (masculine plural)
- The term is, however, also correctly applied to heavy rifled ordnance of the howitzer class used for coastal defence by some nations, though few ever saw use in 1939-45.
- Over the next fifteen years, he invented and developed bronze boat guns, heavy smoothbore shell guns, and rifled ordnance.
- Following transition to the line around the turn of the century, Reeves continued his brilliant career, tackling the complex problems of naval gunnery, torpedoes, and ordnance.
- The first wave of troops crossed the bridge, and soon the air on the far side was thick with ordnance - artillery shells, mortars, bullets.
- Artillery generally offers greater responsiveness and persistence, while air-delivered ordnance is usually more accurate and lethal.
- The total amounted to more than 180,000 pieces of ordnance.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Venezuela, pasapalo is small portions of food that are usually served with drinks at parties, bars, and social get-togethers.