Translation of ornament in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 countable/numerable (object) adorno (masculine)Example sentences1.2 c and u (decoration) [formal] adorno (masculine), ornamento (masculine) [formal] the walls were bare of ornament las paredes estaban desnudas
- The last bed had stuffed animals on it and the desk was covered with little ornaments.
- There was a lovely black fireplace and a tall bookshelf filled with books and small ornaments.
- A fireplace was against one of the walls, its mantle also covered in little brass ornaments.
- An integral part of the decorative scheme of the dishes was the now erased heraldic ornament.
- The relationship between Gothic ornament and literature can be quite striking.
- Banished under Modernism, it has something to do with decoration and ornament.
- 2 [Music/Música] (usually plural/generalmente en plural) floritura (feminine)Example sentences
- Extracting the ornaments from the musical texture will greatly assist students in the polishing process.
- Hasse begins with a simple melody which is varied and embellished with intricate ornaments that make it memorable.
- Purcell's first seven pieces introduce various fingering combinations, simple ornaments and key signatures.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.