- 1 1.1 countable/numerable (object) adorno (masculine)More example sentences1.2 c and u (decoration) [formal] adorno (masculine), ornamento (masculine) [formal] the walls were bare of ornament las paredes estaban desnudas
More example sentences
- The last bed had stuffed animals on it and the desk was covered with little ornaments.
- There was a lovely black fireplace and a tall bookshelf filled with books and small ornaments.
- A fireplace was against one of the walls, its mantle also covered in little brass ornaments.
- An integral part of the decorative scheme of the dishes was the now erased heraldic ornament.
- The relationship between Gothic ornament and literature can be quite striking.
- Banished under Modernism, it has something to do with decoration and ornament.
- 2 [Music/Música] (usually plural/generalmente en plural) floritura (feminine)More example sentences
- Extracting the ornaments from the musical texture will greatly assist students in the polishing process.
- Hasse begins with a simple melody which is varied and embellished with intricate ornaments that make it memorable.
- Purcell's first seven pieces introduce various fingering combinations, simple ornaments and key signatures.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.