Translation of ossify in Spanish:
- 1 (Physiology)Example sentences
- The flat bones ossify directly from such fibrous tissue rather than from intermediary cartilage.
- Fossilized embryos are rarely discovered, because their bones only begin to ossify late in development.
- In later years some of these joints completely ossify (are converted to solid bone material).
- 2 [formal](institution/society/attitude)
- By the 1980s, political life was suffocating and the political system had ossified.
- The baron ought to be repellent, but he quickly gathers the audience on his side, as an unlikely agent for freedom in a repressive, ossified society.
- Too much debate on the Left is about defending ossified thought patterns and structures which have actually outlived their usefulness.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.