- 1 1.1 (excellent) [ability/beauty] extraordinario, excepcional; [achievement/performer] destacado a young composer of outstanding talent un joven compositor de excepcional or singular talento what did you think of it? — outstanding! ¿qué tal te pareció? — ¡excepcional!More example sentences1.2 (prominent) (before noun/delante del nombre) [feature/detail] destacado
More example sentences
- Nepal is also, of course, a country of outstanding natural beauty.
- I understood this land was an area of outstanding natural beauty.
- The Lake District National Park is an area of outstanding natural beauty that is protected for the benefit of the nation as a whole.
- Lewis-Francis is the most obvious and outstanding product of his time.
- Even allowing for this, he remains the outstanding figure of early English history.
- 2 2.1 (unpaid) [debt/account] pendiente (de pago) the amount outstanding is $105 la deuda pendiente es de 105 dólares, quedan por pagar 105 dólares 2.2 (remaining) [request/problem] pendiente, por resolverMore example sentences2.3 (American English/inglés norteamericano) outstanding stock o shares acciones (feminine plural) en circulación
- It had no bank debt outstanding when the deal was signed late last week.
- In most cases a judge will attempt to help both the borrower and the lender reach an agreement about how the outstanding debt can best be discharged.
- The only circumstances in which they could call in all outstanding debts would be in the event of their own disbandment.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Palacio de Oriente, also known as the Palacio Real, is the official residence of the Spanish Royal Family. The Royal Family now lives in the Palacio de la Zarzuela, on the outskirts of Madrid.