- (before noun/delante del nombre) [length] total; [result/reduction/cost] global the overall impression la impresión general or de conjunto he was the overall winner fue (el) campeón absolutoMore example sentences
- The Montreal-based body has overall responsibility for global drug testing.
- The details may be small, but the overall effect is one of everything being exactly where it should be.
- He will also address the general outlook for the overall industry within the country.
The Cortes Generales is the Spanish Parliament, consisting of two houses, the lower house or Congreso de los Diputados and the upper house or Senado. It is a legislative body, approves state budgets, and exercises other powers relating to international treaties and agreements, the autonomous regions and appointments to posts in institutions such as the Tribunal Constitucional.
- 1 (protective garment) (especially British English/especialmente inglés británico) bata (feminine), túnica (feminine)More example sentences
- When he had done, his mug empty, he went to his wardrobe where he pulled out a clean pair of underpants and a blue overall.
- A man wearing an orange overall was sweeping the street while others were running.
- The picture of men paint spraying in their ordinary clothes, rather than wearing protective overalls and without protective face masks, says it all.
- 2(overalls plural)2.1 (dungarees) (American English/inglés norteamericano) overol (masculine) (Latin America/América Latina) , peto (masculine) (Spain/España) , mameluco (masculine) (Southern Cone/Cono Sur) 2.2 (boiler suit) (British English/inglés británico) overol (masculine) (Latin America/América Latina) , mono (masculine) (Spain/España)More example sentences
- My green overalls and green shirt with my red jean jacket were my choice for today.
- Dress suitable for agriculture such as overalls, shirts, and boots is popular.
- Its 200 highly trained members dress in white overalls, padded clothing and crash helmets to protect themselves against police batons and shields.