Translation of overhaul in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo/ˌəʊvərˈhɔːl; ˌəʊvəˈhɔːl/
- 1 (examine and repair) [machinery/car/system] revisar, poner* a puntoExample sentences
- As a result we have been maintaining and overhauling these engines for 25 years.
- Around 250 jobs in the division, which maintains, repairs and overhauls gas turbines, are being cut as part of a rationalisation plan.
- Alex and his son have completely and utterly overhauled this machine over a period of two and a half years in what was painstaking work.
- Its arrival has not yielded a new Constitution, rationalised the party system, modernised justice or overhauled the bureaucracy in any of the ways its advocates hoped it would.
- They are going to have to overhaul the welfare system.
- He has more to do to overhaul the welfare system and public services in this country.
- 2 (overtake) superar, adelantarse aExample sentences
- Needing to finish four places ahead of Paul Foerster and Kevin Burnham, the British pair were unable to overhaul their American rivals.
- With our young players we would have a great base to build on and could overhaul our rivals.
- He overhauled team-mate Andy Burt, but always had too much to do to catch Hilton.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.