Translation of oversight in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable and countable (carelessness) the mistake was missed through oversightel error no fue advertido por descuidoExample sentences
- Full of contradictions, failures and oversights, the architect's personal life seemed to have none of the clarity possessed by his great works.
- In the past year, numerous media accounts have revealed screw-ups, miscalculations and oversights.
- What do you see as the critical lapses or perhaps oversights?
- 2 uncountable (supervision) [formal]Example sentences
- The obvious solution is direct government oversight in the form of industry regulations.
- No other state agency exercises effective oversight over army expenditures.
- The lax regulatory oversight and risk management are now being reborn as bad loans.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.