Translation of overtime in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (extra work hours) to work overtimehacer horas extra(s)trabajar sobretiempo (Chile) (Peru)my brain was working overtimemi cerebro estaba trabajando a toda máquina(before noun) overtime banprohibición (feminine) de trabajar horas extrasprohibición (feminine) de trabajar sobretiempo (Chile) (Peru)Example sentences1.2 (pay)
- And how his heart flamed when his loathsome boss slapped on the additional insult of overtime hours or weekend work.
- Since 16 February they have worked strictly to their agreed hours and banned unpaid overtime, which the museums depend on to keep functioning.
- Employers added 340,000 jobs, while the length of the average workweek rose and manufacturing workers spent more overtime hours on the job.
- Management has not paid wages, overtime or welfare payments for May and June.
- Everything else is tied to performance related pay, a major increase in pay differences between workers in different areas doing the same job, and loss of overtime and bonus payments.
- The obvious answer is to put more money in by increasing your monthly contributions (or skimming off an annual bonus, overtime or other payment).
- 2 (US) (Sport)Example sentences
- Not playing overtime and having games end in ties would be more fair than the rules as they stand today, and nobody wants to see ties, so the league needs to make a change.
- Do you remember nailing a 37-yard field goal with five seconds remaining in regulation to send that game into overtime?
- The Texans turned three turnovers into 17 points and blocked a field goal in overtime to keep the game tied.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.