- 1 1.1 (extra work hours) horas (fpl) extra(s), sobretiempo (m) (Chile, Peru/Chile, Perú) to work overtime hacer* horas extra(s), trabajar sobretiempo (Chile, Peru/Chile, Perú) my brain was working overtime mi cerebro estaba trabajando a toda máquina (before noun/delante del nombre) overtime ban prohibición (feminine) de trabajar horas extras or (Chile, Peru/Chile, Perú) de trabajar sobretiempoMore example sentences1.2 (pay) horas (fpl) extra(s), sobretiempo (m) (Chile, Peru/Chile, Perú)
More example sentences
- And how his heart flamed when his loathsome boss slapped on the additional insult of overtime hours or weekend work.
- Since 16 February they have worked strictly to their agreed hours and banned unpaid overtime, which the museums depend on to keep functioning.
- Employers added 340,000 jobs, while the length of the average workweek rose and manufacturing workers spent more overtime hours on the job.
- Management has not paid wages, overtime or welfare payments for May and June.
- Everything else is tied to performance related pay, a major increase in pay differences between workers in different areas doing the same job, and loss of overtime and bonus payments.
- The obvious answer is to put more money in by increasing your monthly contributions (or skimming off an annual bonus, overtime or other payment).
- 2 (American English/inglés norteamericano) [Sport/Deporte] prórroga (f), tiempo (m) suplementarioMore example sentences
- Not playing overtime and having games end in ties would be more fair than the rules as they stand today, and nobody wants to see ties, so the league needs to make a change.
- Do you remember nailing a 37-yard field goal with five seconds remaining in regulation to send that game into overtime?
- The Texans turned three turnovers into 17 points and blocked a field goal in overtime to keep the game tied.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
The Lotería Nacional is a Spanish state-run lottery founded in 1812. There is an