Translation of pageant in Spanish:
- 1.1 (show, ceremony)the pageant of historyfestividades (feminine plural)el desfile de la historiaExample sentences1.2 (historical show)
(espectáculo histórico al aire libre)Example sentences
- Street pageants, parades and outdoor concerts have been lined-up to entertain locals and visitors and the street spectacular should not be missed for those who enjoy the magic of performance arts.
- They have produced full-scale scripted plays, but their outdoor pageants are the breathtaking highlight of the Public Dreams year.
- The festivities climax tomorrow in a royal state procession and a colourful pageant of music, dance and theatre.
- In 1576 actor James Burbage built London's first public theater, known simply as The Theatre, which was an open-air structure that combined features of pageant wagons, fixed stages, and banquet halls.
- Dublin's St Patrick's Festival parade takes place from noon on Wednesday when 3,500 performers will thrill spectators with a stream of ingeniously designed pageants.
- Blocking of major city roads during peak hours and uninhibited use of loud speakers and other accessories for the pageants have raised a hue and cry among the public.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to