Translation of paint in Spanish:
noununcountable and countable
- wet paintpintura fresca or (Spain) ojo, pintapaint removerExample sentences
- Carpenters were now putting a fresh coating of paint on the house, making it look almost as though it had just been built.
- Watered-down paint soaks into the porous concrete so it won't flake or peel like surface paint does.
- We did test some acrylic paint on tiles and it was just totally unsatisfactory so we chose what, I guess, was the appropriate paint for the surface.
- 1.1 (Art)(portrait/landscape)these flowers were painted in by a later hand
pintarestas flores se agregaron posteriormente1.2 (apply paint to)(wall/door/house)I painted the kitchen pink
pintarpinté la cocina de rosathe door's freshly paintedla puerta está recién pintadaI'll draw the outline and you paint it inyo dibujo el contorno y tú lo coloreas or pintasto paint something out, to paint over somethingpintar encima de algoto paint iodine on a wound, to paint a wound with iodine
tapar algo con pinturaaplicar yodo a una heridaExample sentences1.3 (describe) to paint a glowing/gloomy picture of something
pintar algo favorablemente/muy negroas black as it's been paintedthe situation isn't as black as it's been paintedla situación no es tan negra como la pintanthe boss isn't as black as he's paintedel jefe no es tan fiero como lo pintanExample sentences1.4 (make up) to paint one's face
- The walls were painted a dark blue with gold lining on the ceiling and floor.
- The roof was made from sand paper cut and painted to resemble slates.
- It was noted that the railings of the Clodiagh Bridge had been freshly painted and that the river name signs looked well.
pintarseto paint one's lips/nails
- Though the mystical element is rather missing from his character here, Adès paints Prospero as a wonderfully vengeful mage.
- The author paints a clear and useful description of the science of color.
- The remake of Casino Royale, the first Bond novel, will concentrate instead on the character of the spy, painted by Ian Fleming in the book as a suave, coldly aggressive seducer.
maquillarsepintarse los labios/las uñasExample sentences
- ‘In these pictures I have painted people who go to Bridge House and being a part of my pictures gives them confidence in their own abilities’.
- My best holiday was with Leo, the artist who'd painted me, and his wife Gemma one summer.
- In 1995, he commissioned a Chinese artist to paint him together with his wife, son and daughter.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.