Translation of palliate in Spanish:
- 1 (alleviate)Example sentences
- Conversely, the bulk of standard treatments for varicose veins and hemorrhoids are geared toward removing the problem or palliating the disease.
- Tracheobronchial stents effectively restore airway patency in selected patients with large airway obstruction and palliate symptoms of fistulae in a relatively noninvasive fashion.
- Where recurrent disease is responsible for blockage of lymphatic collaterals, chemotherapy may be tried to palliate the symptomatology.
- There are those tales too of a somewhat grimmer nature concerning the use of humour to palliate the horrors of war.
- It implies a change or a course of events that can be reversed, or whose consequences can at least be palliated or relativized.
- Far from being arbitrary, it seems to me that the Secretary of State has done all that he could be expected to do to palliate the deprivation of liberty of the many applicants for asylum here.
- 2 (excuse)(offense/crime)
- A fire-breathing New York City minister denounced the absence of God in the preamble as ‘an omission which no pretext whatever can palliate.’
- He was never one to palliate or eulogise, he was never a regulation aesthete.
- These women were able to palliate ethnic and class differences by integrating recent European immigrants and native-born women into a single community with a coherent spirituality.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.