- 1.1paraffin (wax) parafina (feminine)More example sentences1.2paraffin (oil) (British English/inglés británico) queroseno (m), kerosene (m), parafina (f) (Chile) (before noun/delante del nombre) [lamp/stove] de or a queroseno ( or kerosene etc)
More example sentences1.3
- Most candles contain paraffin, a petroleum-based wax that produces black soot when burned.
- This engine, like other hybrids, uses nitrous oxide as liquid oxidizer, but uses paraffin rather than rubber as the engine's solid fuel.
- For light microscopy, several media such as paraffin, polyethylene glycol and resin, have been used to embed plant tissues.
(liquid paraffin)(British English/inglés británico) parafina (f) líquida, aceite (m) de parafina
- Many rural people, and those living in a semi-urban situation, had to find their fuel from coal, paraffin, and especially timber.
- The four-cylinder engine could develop 30 h.p. using paraffin as fuel, no doubt more on petrol, then not as easily available.
- As renewable sources of fuel, such as wood become scarce it is important for any society to make the transition to mass-produced fuels such as coal or paraffin, and then later shift to electricity or gas.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...