Translation of parity in Spanish:
noun plural parities
- 1 uncountable (equality) [formal]Example sentences
- Even so, you can't expect the DUP to press for the implementation of anything promoting equality of status or parity of esteem since they reject the concepts.
- They had also accepted the union's claim for pay parity for retained firefighters and will study demands for equal pay for control room staff.
- That is far from the truth as I also want a better world with equal parity to men for my wife, daughters, sisters and so on.
- 2 (Finance) 2.1 uncountable or countable (between currencies)Example sentences2.2 uncountable (American English) (Agriculture)
(sistema de subsidios agropecuarios)
- If there is mutual trust that the exchange rate parities agreed upon are observed, the mobility of capital will lead to identical interest rates, and there will also be a de facto common monetary policy.
- Dollarization at current parity would eliminate the currency risk on Argentina's debt so rates could come down.
- The easiest to implement would be dollarization at current parity.
- 3 (Physics, Mathematics, Computing)Example sentences
- M is the lattice point if and only if x 1 and x 2 are of the same parity and so are y 1 and y 2.
- Elementary particles have far too many properties - such as spin, charge, colour, parity and hypercharge - to be truly elementary.
- In other words, particle interactions should conserve parity.
- Others, such as parity, are broken by small amounts, and the corresponding conservation law therefore only holds approximately.
- This error management system provides the ability to monitor CRC, parity, and encoding errors.
- Often, during the process of reading all data from the disk to recompute the missing data and parity, bad sectors may be encountered, and it is no longer possible to rebuild the array.
- The only way to achieve this objective is with redundancy built-in throughout the I / O subsystem and with the data protected by a parity or mirrored array.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.