Translation of passive in Spanish:
- 1.1 [person/attitude] pasivoExample sentences1.2 [Linguistics/Lingüística]
- Historians are now concerned with resistance in active and passive forms, organised and impromptu, group and individual, male and female, political, economic, and cultural.
- Active, not passive, response is called forth as is perseverance over the long haul.
- As Hickey noted, peasants have many methods of passive and active resistance, and force is often counterproductive as a motivator.
- But the framers set a grammatical conundrum for us when they put the main clause in the passive voice: ‘shall not be infringed’.
- Nominalization is one way to avoid reference to the agent of an action (here, who did the shooting), but it's not the same as using the passive voice.
- The general pattern appears to be that the unmarked, active voice acts as a same function category, while the marked, passive voice indicates a switch in function.
- voz (feminine) pasiva in the passive en voz pasiva
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The name of Spain's state-run post office is correos. Stamps can be bought in an