Translation of patch in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (for mending clothes)(for reinforcing) refuerzo (masculine)(on knee) rodillera (feminine)(on elbow) codera (feminine)(for a puncture, wound) parche (masculine)not to be a patch on somebody/something (British English) [colloquial]no tener ni punto de comparación con alguien/algoExample sentences
- For extra attention, select a cardigan with small pockets or leather patches on the elbows.
- All I need is a cheap tweed coat with leather patches at my elbows and I could be dodgy salesman of the year.
- The tan blazer he was wearing had gray leather elbow patches.
also: eye patchparche (masculine) (en el ojo)1.3(American English) (Military)
- But, you can still pick out a sexy patch to cover up the gaping hole in your head, which thank goodness was discovered after we dilated your eyes!
- He was allegedly carjacked by Mr. Nichols in the parking garage and you can see that he is wearing a patch over his eye from the injuries in that incident.
- He wore a black patch over his left eye while his good eye, hungry with greed, stared at Hitomi in a frightening star.
insignia (feminine)Example sentences
- Following that meeting, Pershing directed all American divisions to design and wear their own distinctive shoulder patches.
- The Marines don't have all the funky badges and patches that the Army has, so they don't have the same issue.
- A couple of weeks later I was on the U.S. Army home page and noticed a link to unit insignia and patches.
- 2 2.1 (area) test the product on a small patch of materialpruebe el producto en un pequeño trozo de telashe slipped on a patch of ice/oilresbaló en el hielo/en una mancha de aceitethere were red patches on his armstenía manchas rojas en los brazosa damp patch on the ceilinguna mancha de humedad en el techoI've cleaned it, but there's still a sticky patchlo he limpiado, pero todavía queda un pedazo pegajosofog patches will occurhabrá zonas de nieblato go through a bad o rough o sticky patch (British English)pasar por or atravesar una mala racha2.2 (small plot of land) a vegetable patchun huerto2.3 (territory) (British English) [colloquial]my/his patch
una parcela para verdurasmi/su territorio
patch (masculine)Example sentences
- SE Linux is comprised of a kernel patch and patches to utility programs such as login and cron.
- CERT's advisory contains a links to patches from software distros that contain OpenSSH code and to OpenSSH project's own update.
- I also assume the reader is comfortable applying source patches and compiling programs.
- 1.1 (repair) it was patched together out of various scrapsestaba hecho de retazos or (Spain) retaleshe tried to patch their relationship together againintentó volver a arreglar las cosas entre ellosExample sentences1.2 (Computing, Radio, Telecom) (connect)
- Traditionally, patching fabric together was about recycling.
- She patched her clothing and then let Mike buy her lunch at the store.
- The dark gray trousers were patched at the knee, while his linen shirt and wool jacket showed signs of wear and less-than-skilled repairs.
- Although consumers still need to wait for the phone company to patch their line into Covad's equipment at the central office there is no other delay.
- Then in an ideal world we could perhaps patch this into a wireless network, so that passing geeks could genuinely play Tetris on the side of the building from their laptops.
- The dispatcher can arrange conference calls via radio or by satellite datalink if we're over the ocean, patching us through to a doctor, maintenance facility or security specialist.
- Until this year, newly found security holes in operating systems and programs were patched before viruses and worms could be written to exploit them.
- Do you plan to release another patch before the expansion or will the expansion also patch the main program?
- Many vendors include vulnerable Sendmail servers as part of their software distributions, hence the need to patch Unix and Linux systems as well as dedicated mail servers.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.