Translation of patent in Spanish:
noun/nombre/ˈpætnt; ˈpeɪtnt; ˈpætnt/
- patente (feminine) to take out a patent on sth patentar algo patent pending, patent applied for patente solicitada or en trámite (before noun/delante del nombre) patent agent agente (masculine and feminine) de patentes patent attorney (in US) abogado, (masculine, feminine) especialista en patentesExample sentences
- Last year, the country was granted 146 U.S. patents for various technologies and products.
- The present proceedings were initiated by the claimant, whose claim alleges that Process A infringes the patent in suit.
- The number of issued software patents grew exponentially in the U.S. beginning in the early 1980s.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo/ˈpætnt; ˈpeɪt-; ˈpætnt/
- patentar a patented design un diseño patentado
- 2 /ˈpætnt; ˈpeɪtnt/ 2.1 (patented) [invention] patentado 2.2 [shoes/handbag] de charol
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Primaria is the name given in Spain to the first of the two compulsory levels of education. It is for pupils between six and twelve years of age and leads to the