noun/nombre/ˈpætnt; ˈpeɪtnt; ˈpætnt/
- patente (feminine) to take out a patent on sth patentar algo patent pending, patent applied for patente solicitada or en trámite (before noun/delante del nombre) patent agent agente (masculine and feminine) de patentes patent attorney (in US) abogado, (masculine, feminine) especialista en patentesMore example sentences
- Last year, the country was granted 146 U.S. patents for various technologies and products.
- The present proceedings were initiated by the claimant, whose claim alleges that Process A infringes the patent in suit.
- The number of issued software patents grew exponentially in the U.S. beginning in the early 1980s.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo/ˈpætnt; ˈpeɪt-; ˈpætnt/
- patentar a patented design un diseño patentado
- 2 /ˈpætnt; ˈpeɪtnt/ 2.1 (patented) [invention] patentado 2.2 [shoes/handbag] de charol
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...