Translation of patent in Spanish:
nounAmerican English: /ˈpætnt/ British English: /ˈpat(ə)nt/ , /ˈpeɪt(ə)nt/
- to take out a patent on somethingpatent pending, patent applied forpatentar algo(before noun) patent agent patent attorney (in US)patente solicitada or en trámiteExample sentences
- Last year, the country was granted 146 U.S. patents for various technologies and products.
- The present proceedings were initiated by the claimant, whose claim alleges that Process A infringes the patent in suit.
- The number of issued software patents grew exponentially in the U.S. beginning in the early 1980s.
transitive verbAmerican English: /ˈpætnt/ British English: /ˈpat(ə)nt/ , /ˈpeɪt(ə)nt/
- a patented designun diseño patentadoExample sentences
- Ben has patented his invention and a Sheffield company has already shown interest in developing the device.
- The doctors have patented their invention and say it could soon be available to all air passengers.
- There can be tax advantages in patenting a product - income from a patent, can, in some cases, be tax-free.
- 1American English: /ˈpeɪtnt/ , /ˈpætnt/ British English: /ˈpat(ə)nt/ , /ˈpeɪt(ə)nt/ (obvious) [formal]Example sentences
- What seems to plague both of these films and so many like them is their patent insincerity.
- What is a patent truism to one side is an obvious falsehood to the other.
- The continued blind oversight of human rights abuses in conjunction with the blatant abuse of democracy is patent, and is incomprehensible.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to