Translation of peaceful in Spanish:
- 1.1 (calm, quiet)(animal)(spot/place)a peaceful Sunday afternoonthe patient spent a peaceful nightuna tranquila tarde de domingothe city is peaceful againel paciente pasó una buena noche or pasó la noche tranquilovuelve a reinar la paz en la ciudadExample sentences1.2 (non-violent)
(protest/picketing)peaceful coexistenceno violentothe peaceful use of nuclear powerla coexistencia or convivencia pacíficathey are a peaceful nation/peopleel uso de la energía nuclear para fines pacíficosson una nación/un pueblo amante de la pazExample sentences
- Election officials reported that balloting was peaceful and largely free of problems.
- The peaceful and tranquil room will be used by students in the school who are taking part in the programme.
- Free speech and open discussion are crucial components of a free and peaceful society.
- Militant anarchists intent on violence broke away from peaceful demonstrators and left a trail of destruction.
- He said his party is against all sort of violence and demands the peaceful resolution to the issue.
- Also, I think people did respond to police violence against peaceful protests.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.