Translation of peaceful in Spanish:
- 1 (calm, quiet)(animal)
pacífico(spot/place)a peaceful Sunday afternoon
tranquilouna tranquila tarde de domingothe patient spent a peaceful nightel paciente pasó una buena noche or pasó la noche tranquilothe city is peaceful againvuelve a reinar la paz en la ciudadExample sentences
- Election officials reported that balloting was peaceful and largely free of problems.
- The peaceful and tranquil room will be used by students in the school who are taking part in the programme.
- Free speech and open discussion are crucial components of a free and peaceful society.
- 2 (non-violent)(protest/picketing)peaceful coexistence
no violentola coexistencia or convivencia pacíficathe peaceful use of nuclear powerel uso de la energía nuclear para fines pacíficosthey are a peaceful nation/peopleson una nación/un pueblo amante de la pazExample sentences
- Militant anarchists intent on violence broke away from peaceful demonstrators and left a trail of destruction.
- He said his party is against all sort of violence and demands the peaceful resolution to the issue.
- Also, I think people did respond to police violence against peaceful protests.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.