- 1.1 (calm, quiet) [animal] pacífico; [spot/place] tranquilo a peaceful Sunday afternoon una tranquila tarde de domingo the patient spent a peaceful night el paciente pasó una buena noche or pasó la noche tranquilo the city is peaceful again vuelve a reinar la paz en la ciudadMore example sentences1.2 (non-violent) [protest/picketing] pacífico, no violento peaceful coexistence la coexistencia or convivencia pacífica the peaceful use of nuclear power el uso de la energía nuclear para fines pacíficos they are a peaceful nation/people son una nación/un pueblo amante de la paz
More example sentences
- Election officials reported that balloting was peaceful and largely free of problems.
- The peaceful and tranquil room will be used by students in the school who are taking part in the programme.
- Free speech and open discussion are crucial components of a free and peaceful society.
- Militant anarchists intent on violence broke away from peaceful demonstrators and left a trail of destruction.
- He said his party is against all sort of violence and demands the peaceful resolution to the issue.
- Also, I think people did respond to police violence against peaceful protests.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...