Translation of peaceful in Spanish:
- 1.1 (calm, quiet) [animal] pacífico; [spot/place] tranquilo a peaceful Sunday afternoon una tranquila tarde de domingo the patient spent a peaceful night el paciente pasó una buena noche or pasó la noche tranquilo the city is peaceful again vuelve a reinar la paz en la ciudadExample sentences1.2 (non-violent) [protest/picketing] pacífico, no violento peaceful coexistence la coexistencia or convivencia pacífica the peaceful use of nuclear power el uso de la energía nuclear para fines pacíficos they are a peaceful nation/people son una nación/un pueblo amante de la paz
- Election officials reported that balloting was peaceful and largely free of problems.
- The peaceful and tranquil room will be used by students in the school who are taking part in the programme.
- Free speech and open discussion are crucial components of a free and peaceful society.
- Militant anarchists intent on violence broke away from peaceful demonstrators and left a trail of destruction.
- He said his party is against all sort of violence and demands the peaceful resolution to the issue.
- Also, I think people did respond to police violence against peaceful protests.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas