Translation of penurious in Spanish:
- [literary]Example sentences
- Once some penurious student has finished loading up a piece of art into her van, it immediately gains in value.
- The garish festivities are set in one of the world's most penurious places.
- This, as you might appreciate, presents many problems for a man with the soul of a tortured and penurious poet.
- Your plan to spend everything you have and more as soon as possible seems a certain recipe for a penurious old age.
- One promising effort is intended to increase the low personal savings rate in the U.S., which could doom many people to a penurious retirement.
- A comparable case is that of Iraq, where in spite of the weekly strikes by the U.S. and Britain and the penurious condition of the country, has still not thrown in the towel.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than